Friday, February 25, 2011

Clara Lee and the Apple Pie Dream by Jenny Han

"When I woke up that morning and saw the red and gold leaves swirling around my backyard, I just knew it was gonna be my kind of day."

The summary is hidden because it may contain spoilers. If you would like to read the full summary, simply use your cursor to highlight the next few lines and it will magically appear.

Summary: Korean American fourth-grader Clara Lee longs to be Little Miss Apple Pie, and when her luck seems suddenly to change for the better, she overcomes her fear of public speaking and enters the competition.

Little Brown; 147 pages

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I might recommend this book to kids who have issues with a younger sibling. The attention to the concept of luck and making your own luck is interesting but overall, I didn't find it to be an extraordinary read.