Sunday, July 24, 2011

The Penderwicks at Point Mouette by Jeanne Birdsall


"The Penderwick family was being torn apart."

The summary is hidden because it may contain spoilers. If you would like to read the full summary, simply use your cursor to highlight the next few lines and it will magically appear.

When the three younger Penderwick sisters go to Maine with Aunt Claire and are separated from oldest sister Rosalind for the first time in their lives, an uncertain Skye is left in charge as the OAP--oldest available Penderwick.


Alfred A. Knopf; 295 pages

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I really like the Penderwicks! Great story, charming setting and characters. Compared with other titles this year, I don't think I would consider it for the Newbery, but I would definitely recommend it to elementary and middle school students looking for a solid family story. It reminds me of a modern-day version of an old-time classic, like Little Women.