Friday, August 12, 2011

The Summer Before Boys by Nora Raleigh Baskin

"My Aunt Louisa, who is really my sister, snored like a machine with a broken part, a broken part that kept cycling around in a shuddering, sputtering rhythm."

The summary is hidden because it may contain spoilers. If you would like to read the full summary, simply use your cursor to highlight the next few lines and it will magically appear.

Twelve-year-old best friends and relatives, Julia and Eliza are happy to spend the summer together while Julia's mother is serving in the National Guard in Iraq but when they meet a neighborhood boy, their close relationship begins to change.

Simon & Schuster; 196 pages

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I found this book hard to follow. Sometimes I didn't know if the girls were being "real" or pretending. Some of the things they were playing didn't seem like things I have seen kids that age do. It was a little hard for me to "believe."

Anonymous said...

What do you mean? I'm their age, and I do things like they do ALL the time!!! It was pretty easy to follow too.

Anonymous said...

yeah ur just stupid