Thursday, April 2, 2009

Melonhead by Katy Kelly

"Yesterday I was a regular ten-year-old boy."

The abstract is hidden because it may contain spoilers. If you would like to read the full summary, simply use your cursor to highlight the next few lines and it will magically appear.
Abstract: In the Washington, D.C. neighborhood of Capitol Hill, Lucy Rose's friend Adam "Melonhead" Melon, a budding inventor with a knack for getting into trouble, enters a science contest that challenges students to recycle an older invention into a new invention.

Publisher: Delacorte Press; 210 pages

4 comments:

Tricia said...

I thought this was an excellant book, full of zest and creativity. Simple daily occurances become an adventure in MELONHEAD's life. Great fun with worthwhile lessons.

Stephanie said...

I absolutely loved this book! I was laughing the whole way through. Not only was it clever but I could totally see it happening. I sort of felt that this was a male equivilent of Clementine by Sara Pennypacker. Totally worth reading.

Teresa said...

A funny book with lots of kid appeal.

Jen said...

Clever book! Not a Newbery in my eyes, but certainly a series to follow.