Friday, July 31, 2009

Love, Aubrey by Suzanne LaFleur

"It was fun at first, playing house."

The abstract is hidden because it may contain spoilers. If you would like to read the full summary, simply use your cursor to highlight the next few lines and it will magically appear.

Abstract: While living with her Gram in Vermont, eleven-year-old Aubrey writes letters as a way of dealing with losing her father and sister in a car accident, and then being abandoned by her grief-stricken mother.

Publisher: Wendy Lamb; 262 pages



3 comments:

lisarenea said...

Heartwrenching. If I had an entire box of kleenex it might not have been enough. I loved Aubrey, I loved her grandmother. I even loved the friend next door. This was a powerful and memorable story. Not my favorite of the year but very, very good.

Stephanie said...

I sobbed the whole way through this book. It was beautifully written with beautiful emotions. Aubrey and her Gram were amazing characters. I think this one is a true contenter

Ann said...

This is an incredibly moving book! I, too, fell in love with Aubrey and her grandmother and was amazed at how well the book dealt with such difficult emotions and situations. This is definitely a Newbery-worthy book.