Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Northward to the Moon by Polly Horvath


"Our family lasted almost one year in Saskatchewan."

The summary is hidden because it may contain spoilers. If you would like to read the full summary, simply use your cursor to highlight the next few lines and it will magically appear.

Summary: When her stepfather loses his job in Saskatchewan, Jane and the rest of the family set off on a car trip, ending up in Nevada after improbably being given a bag full of possibly stolen money.

Publisher: Random House Children's Books; 244 pages

3 comments:

Teresa said...

The ending of this book stunned me. In retrospect, I'm not sure why I was so surprised. There are plenty of hints along the way. I enjoy Horvath's writing style, and how she explores trust in relationships, how the decisions/choices people make affect those around them, even for years to come.

Becky said...

Well, Teresa's comment and the laughs that I had from reading the first page has intrigued me -- I've put the book on hold!

Mary W said...

While I liked the book, it did not wow me. The cast of characters was off the wall and there were some funny parts.